Skip to main content

Service Application

Service Application

(A) Any person owning property, and having a water line in front of or across his property and who is in need of having water supplied to their place of occupancy or property may become a CUSTOMER by making written application for water service at the office of NORW and paying the current tap-in-fee. Said tap including services received there under is not assignable to any other property.

(B) Only a valid property owner, showing proof of ownership, may sign into an agreement to purchase a water tap from NORW. When an owner purchases a tap for rental property he assumes full liability for any and all charges that his tenant may incur.

(C) CUSTOMER agrees to purchase one tap for each family or commercial unit to be served. All new construction will be governed by Resolution 90-38. Existing commercial or multi-family units with adequate internal plumbing may apply to NORW for permission to install a single tap to service the unit. In this case the tap must be sized by NORW. Also monthly bills will be assessed on each individual unit within the building. The owner shall assume responsibility for all water bills.

(D) No person shall be permitted to subscribe if the capacity of the water system is exhausted by the needs of its existing CUSTOMERS.

(E) NORW may reject any application when the applicant is delinquent in payment of bills incurred for service previously supplied at any location.

(F) NORW may discontinue service and remove the meter for violation of any of the provisions of these rules, by-laws or any other regulations of NORW. Where the meter is thereafter reinstalled, the CUSTOMER shall first pay to NORW the current reinstallation charge. Reconnection will be done between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday thru Friday.

(G) NORW reserves the right to request a reasonable sum be placed on deposit with NORW for purpose of establishing or maintaining any CUSTOMER CREDIT.

(H) Any changes to the existing water service agreement, such as name changes, billing address, etc. must be submitted in writing.

Return to Rules and Regulations for Water Services